2021 was a busy year, especially on the professional side. Just like the past year, I hope for a healthy and safe 2022, with all the dear people around me and more focus on the things that truly matter.
2021 continued to be about work from home, online conferences and trainings. I was happy to start the year with the opportunity to be part of the “MAD skills” video series made by Google and I recorded a video about using idiomatic Kotlin combined with CameraX.
I managed to scale from 1 to 3 cross-functional teams at YOXO. It was a great achievement for me to be able to define and roll out a process able to easily scale the development of the product and match the needs and context from the department. This way I managed 28 people and started to mentor team leads, which was a different responsibility for me, and I truly enjoyed. It felt rewarding for me to see them grow and that my impact covers new areas.
From October I decided to start a new journey, as an Engineering Manager at Adobe. I am still at the beginning, but until now I am pleasantly impressed by their focus on growing the people and helping them to have amazing achievements and results. Also I appreciate their support in helping me to follow my passion for public speaking and blogging.
This year I also experimented what does it mean to be a mentor and I was involved in 2 different initiatives: mentor at Women Developer Academy, and mentor at #beAI by BucharestAI, plus being an Android trainer at Atelierul Digital pentru Programatori.
Wishing you a healthy, successful and happy 2022! 🤩🎉🤗✨
- Android Learning Plan
- Software Architecture Methodology
- Atelierul Digital pentru Programatori – Final Project
- Clean Code with Kotlin
- Android Final Project – Winter 2021
Management & Leadership
- Management Ideas from Harvard Business Review
- 1st part MBS.works – The Year of Living Brilliantly
- 2nd part MBS.works – The Year of Living Brilliantly
- 3 Books that will boost your Leadership Skills
- 7 Questions to build The Coaching Habit
- Kotlin: Community tip – MAD Skills
- Speaker at iTEC – Building a career in Android Development
- Co-organiser and Moderator – “Courage to create high performing remote teams “
- International Women’s Day 2021: Courage to create
- Speaker – Meet women Google Developers Experts from around the world
- Voxxed Days 2021 – High performance with idiomatic Kotlin
- droidcon london 2021 – High performance with idiomatic Kotlin
- High performance with idiomatic Kotlin
- DevFest Romania 2021 – High performance with idiomatic Kotlin
- Speaker at Top Talents 2021 – Focus on your strengths in a biased tech world