I recently presented this talk at mDevCamp – Online edition. More than that I was part of a Virtual 3D world. Great event, awesome organizers and really interesting questions from the audience.
This talk contains the answers for the next questions:
- What are the main challenges of working with Camera APIs on Android?
- What are the main advantages of using CameraX API?
- How to integrate CameraX in our Android apps?
These days, humans take more than 1 trillion photos a year and there are researches that show how taking photos increases enjoyment of experiences. This could be a good reason to focus on how to develop an app that takes pictures and CameraX was one of the most popular releases at Google I/O 2019.
CameraX is a Jetpack supportt library built to help us make camera app development easier. In this presentation we will discuss about simplified usage of this new API that solves many bugs and pain points by offering consistency across devices.
📚 Learn more
- Official documentation
- Medium Articles @androiddevelopers
- Check latest updates about CameraX
- Lab-tested devices